* Any fans out there of NPR’s This American Life? Well, now you can create your own This American Life story!
* A youtube/wiki-style breakup… wow.
* Japan’s exports collapsed in January, a drop of a whopping 45.7% in the year to January. Says one Japanese analyst: “The economy already seems to be falling apart…”
From the Economist:
* Harry Nicolaides, an Australian jailed in Thailand for writing a novel that broke local lèse-majesté laws, was granted a royal pardon.
* Uzbekistan confirmed it agreed to allow America to transport (non-military) supplies through the country for its troops in Afghanistan. Curzon comment: If that public assurance is as linked to relaity as the public assurances of Pakistan of late, we would assume that Uzbekistan will actually let us do whatever we want.
* In our ongoing posts on Mexico’s total breakdown, the police chief of Ciudad Juárez, a Mexico-US border town, resigned after drugs gangs murdered his deputy and threatened to kill one of his officers every 48 hours until he quit.