Today, ComingAnarchy.com turns two years old. (See the first birthday post here.) This blog started as a joint venture between Younghusband and myself in September 2004. Chirol joined us in April 2005, in which the site was remodeled with the current “Victorian-Pagan” site design. As we enter our third year of operation and more readers than ever (approximately 100,000 hits a month), we’re hoping to expand our coverage. And we want our readers to help.
Here’s the deal: we sufficiently cover North America, East Asia, Europe, Russia, and the Middle East. But Central Asia and Africa are neglected, while Latin America, India, Southeast Asia and Oceania are all but ignored. We’re hoping a new contributor can maintain the “Think Pagan” approach with better regional coverage.
* A native english speaker fluent in at least one foreign language;
* Experience living and traveling overseas;
* An area of regional focus (ex: Latin America, India, and Southeast Asia/Oceania);
* Minimum six months blogging experience;
* Moderate proficiency in Photoshop or Fireworks;
* A “pessimistic realist” political outlook;
* An appreciation for the work of Robert D. Kaplan.
* Internet anonymity, using a Victorian statesman/explorer/diplomat as your alias; and
* Blog regularly on relevant topics at a site read by 2,000-3,000 people daily.
Compensation & Benefits:
* A “@cominganarchy.com” email address.
* Preference given to applicants not of North American citizenship.
Suggestions, trackbacks, or nominations are welcome. Or feel free to use the contact form.